Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chalk painted cabinets

 So I am sure everyone has either heard or seen all the great things you can do with Chalkboard paint. This is a really simple way to use it to write down those items you use up but don't necessarily need to go to the store right now and get. (but if you are like me and if I don't write it down I will forget it!) So I painted the inside of my pantry doors with it and now if someone uses the last of lets say peanut butter, they write it down and then when I am going to the store or making the grocery list for the week I know to get peanut butter. So far it works great for our family.

I took my pantry door from boring and not useful to helpful!



I will give you the steps with pics to show anyone that this can be done by anyone. Believe me I am not the most crafty person alive (NOT AT ALL), so if I can do this by myself anyone can do this!

First you will need to gather the supplies needed for the project, you will need:
1. Door
2. Chalk board paint
3. Paint brush
4. Painters tape

So once you have all your supplies you will need to pick your door inside, unless you want the outside, now that I think about it, the outside of a door might be cute.

But in any event I chose the inside of both sides of my pantry doors as you can see here



Then I took some painters tape and just taped off the part I wanted to paint so I didn't get paint all over the rest of the door.



 I just used blue painters tape, that's what I had on hand, you could use whatever kind of painters tape you chose (blue, green,etc).


 Then take you paint, and brush




 and paint away. I painted in a downward motion, starting at the top and when down, seems to show less lines that way. (personal preference).

Here is the door after the 1st coat,


 You will definitely need to do at least 2 coats of paint, I think I did 3 actually just to be safe.

Here is after the 2nd coat,



Let dry between coats completely just so you know how it looks. If after your 2nd coat has dried to are sure there are no light spots take the tape off and you are done!

Here is my finished door...


 It was seriously just that simple! Honestly if I can do this, anyone can do this!! I did mention before that I did it by myself, well that's not entirely true I did have 2 helper for this project, this cutie came to inspect the work...



What a good looking little foreman!

So there ya go folks, simple way to keep track of whats in your pantry. By the way the cost for this project was $0 for me, I had the brush, the painters tape and the chalk board paint from previous projects. Chalk board paint I swear lasts forever, we have done at least 3 projects with our can and it is still more than 1/2 full.

Did you do any projects this weekend? I would love to hear about them.

Hope you enjoyed this one and we will talk to you tomorrow! Happy Thursday!

Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment