Friday, September 14, 2012

Lasagna Roll Ups

My family LOVES lasagna! However we are also like everyone else and will eat a ton of lasagna because we don't know (or don't want to know) were to stop for a serving size! So I saw this recipe on Pinterest  for Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups and thought that would be great to easily know a serving size! So here is how I currently make them I modified the recipe a bit as when I made them the 1st time they were a little bland for our taste. If you click on the link above you can go to the original recipe.  I put the tips I have found while making this in ( ) below.


 Ingredients:

  • 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
  • 1/2 of a 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
  • 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese/ Cottage Cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 32 oz tomato sauce
  • 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 2 tsp Basil
  • 2 tsp Oregano

The way I make them is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees,  take 9 lasagna noodles, boil them until they are the correct consistency for your taste, drain and let cool a bit.

While those are boiling you can get some of the other things ready to go. In a bowl combine spinach (although the original recipe calls for the entire 15oz package of spinach, that was a little much for our family, that is why I only use about 1/2 the package), ricotta (I used Cottage Cheese as that was what I had on hand and my kids don't like ricotta), Parmesan (we use real Parmesan cheese not the grated stuff), egg, salt and pepper, Basil, Oregano (you could also use just the Italian seasoning if you have that on hand) mix together until well combined.

Then I took my tomato sauce pored it into a bowl and added  a smidge more of the seasonings. just for some added flavor. Then take about 1 cup of the sauce and poor into your 9x13 baking dish, cover the bottom of the dish, this will help the noodles not to stick to the dish.



On a piece of was paper lay out your 9 noodles, and evenly distribute the cheese mixture. I used a 1/3 measuring cup and came out just perfect with the amount of mixture!


 

 Spread evenly over entire noodle.


Then roll up the noodles and place in the baking dish. 









Then poor the remaining sauce over noodles I did it in a line down the middle of each row of noodles.


 Then spread your shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the noodles and sauce.


Then cover with tin foil



and bake about 40 mins. or until cheese is melted.


Now the fun part...ENJOY!!


There ya go, super easy, and lasagna without being the really heavy saucy lasagna.

I hope you like this version! Have a great Friday!

Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment