Friday, July 27, 2012

Jacob the Kid is 3!

I can’t believe my baby boy is 3!! It doesn’t seem possible. We lucked out and the 100 plus degrees that we had the week leading up to the party stopped and it was a glorious 85ish that day.I thought it was going to rain in the morning so I was kind of panicking about what was I going to do with all these kids and stuck inside. I know, I know I should have had a backup plan. But the sun came out and we set up and I was one happy mom!
He wanted a Cowboy party, so I tried to give him a Cowboy party on a shoe string budget!
We kept it pretty simple with red checked table clothes, cowboy hats and red and white balloons.
DSCN0363DSCN0367DSCN0356
The balloons pulled thru the the hat, it was windy so if I could do it over again I would have used something different to hold the balloons down, if you are having your party inside I would say the hat would work just fine.
Food again was pretty simple we had hot dogs, bbq, chips, haystack cookies, s’more pops, pasta salad, cow chow (puppy chow), baked beans, veggies, lemon aid and of course cake.
DSCN0355
I covered some of the tables in burlap for effect too.
DSCN0357DSCN0359DSCN0360
Here are a few of the birthday boy blowing out his candles. DSCN0370DSCN0372
And when all the presents were opened although he has since played with all the toys there was definitely a favorite for this baseball obsessed little boy!DSCN0379
He got his own baseball gloves, cleats and helmet, along with a ball bag to carry them all in which has literally gone everywhere with us!! 
He looks to have had a great day and that’s really all that matters!!!
Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment