Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh the Good ol’ days

Before I get into this post I want to say that I DO NOT want to go back to high school! That being said I do miss cheerleading! I realize that may sound very girlie and idealistic to some but I do miss it! I think we all have things we miss from our pasts. For some its sports, friends, crazyness, band, but for me its cheering! I loved being out on that track cheering for your team, getting the crowd involved. Getting the crowd going when they have been dead all night and all of a sudden the players can feel that energy and the game turns around is awesome! Yes I know if you ask the guys they will tell you that we had nothing to do with it but we know better! LOL I miss the friendships I made, many of which I am still friends with today. Thank you Facebook for putting those of us that are not still in the area together again! I miss the crazy stunts we did, the toilet papering on Homecoming (and other nights) I miss the bus rides and cheering in the rain! Most of my great memories from high school involve cheering.  Now don’t get me wrong I am not sitting around wishing I could put my cheer uniform on again (well I do but that’s because its like a size 0 and I am no longer a size 0)! I  just got to thinking as I was online the other day and saw a pic of a cheer team that WOW I miss that!  Do you ever see a picture someplace and think that?


No comments:

Post a Comment